Montreal English Intergroup
What is Montreal English Intergroup (MEI)?
MEI provides service to all the English OA groups in Montreal and surrounding areas. Within OA, individual members gather together to form OA Groups, also known as Meetings. Intergroup provides service to these groups and it provides information about OA to the local community. MEI meets on the third Monday each month at 7 pm. All members are welcome.
How MEI Supports Meetings and Members
- Conventions, retreats, and workshops
- Maintain roster of local members available to sponsor
- Increase the number of sponsors and newcomers and retain members
- Monthly Intergroup business and board meetings
- Maintain phone lines, email, newsletter, website, blog and social media. Zoom account for Intergroup meetings and workshops.
- Liaise with other intergroups and Region 6 and the World Service Office
- Outreach to healthcare professionals
MEI board members
|Past Chair||Francoise C.||(438) 881-3680|
|Secretary||Maureen M.||(514) 884-3067|
|OAsis Editor||Lara P.||(514) 712-5111|
|Treasurer||Karen S.||(514) 702-8883|
|Public Info||Lara P.||(514) 712-5111|
|Literature||Kim K.||(514) 619-2764|
|French Liaison (Int.)||Sandy D.||(514) 242-4413|
|Twelfth Step||Margaret M.||(514) 505-0584|
|FaceBook Rep||Sandy D.||(514) 242-4413|
|OA Montreal Help Line||Mickey||(514) 262-4915|
MEI needs you!
We’re looking for people for the following positions…
- ChairLeads monthly meetings, establishes the agenda for all Intergroup meetings, may cast the deciding vote to make or break a tie, ensures that the general account of the Intergroup be audited annually. Six month abstinence requirement. This is a two year commitment.
- Region 6 RepresentativeServes as intermediary between the Intergroup and Region 6. Is assigned to a committee at the conference level. Attends the conference and has the right of vote. Six months abstinence requirement. This is a two year commitment.
- TreasurerAccounts for group donations, coordinates expenses as needed, provides monthly report at Intergroup meetings. 6 month abstinence requirement. This is a two year commitment.
- Newsletter editorProduce and manage our OAsis newsletter, which serves as a key communication tool for members and provides valuable information on upcoming OA events.
- Special EventsOrganise and implement two events during the year, (for example Unity Day and IDEA day) with help from other members. Six months abstinence required. This is a two year commitment.
- WSO DelegateTo attend the World Service Business Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico and to report back to IG. One year abstinence requirement. This is a two year commitment.